#DearMama, take time this Mother’s day to honor your friendships. Honor those who have expanded you, stretched you, given to you, trusted you, and elevated you. We come here to be seen and loved, and I’m so grateful to have friends in my life who see me. In this episode, Thea and I share the genesis and evolution of our friendship and the challenges we’ve faced along the way. As always, this podcast has always given me exactly what I need, and today I needed to see love and trust active in my life, holding me. Our intention is that this episode allows you to see yourself and all the women pouring into you as always.
Church Announcements/Prayer Requests/Praise Reports:
- Magic Evermore Boxes ARE ON SALE NOW!
- Link: https://bit.ly/magicevermore
- The intention of this box is for Black Mamas to honor the light within themselves. The items inside the Magic Evermore box will prepare Black mamas to soak up all the energy of the sun all summer and remind them of the importance of documenting themselves, the power to manifest the life you want, and to soften and pour into yourself when your mothership hits rough waters.
- Items inside:
- ☀️Full Black Mama Magic Card Deck
- ☀️Manifestation crystals
- ☀️Incense from Smell Good Spa
- ☀️Mama Magic: Evermore Picture Frame
- ☀️Gratitude Jar
- ☀️Herbs: Jasmine, Eucalyptus, & Lavender
- ☀️An investment in yourself and in Dem Black Mamas Podcast. When you invest in us, you are investing in a platform curated by three women actively creating spaces of healing, creativity & liberation.
- Order by June 1st for $175 and in time for Summer Solstice.
- Order by the 25th of each month to receive the following month.
- New Website: theamonyee.com
- Join Thea for Sacred Sundays by texting SACRED to 213 & Choose your own adventure
- Turning 7 year program Writers Well Youth Fellowship into a non-profit Writers Well is a program for Black girls/femmes 14-19 living in South Carolina interested in writing and/or performance. It’s a brave space for Black girls to nurture their imagination.
- Writing Workshop: I AM: Writing an Artist/Personal Statement & Cover Letter
- Sunday, June 26th, 6pm, Zoom Link To Register: https://bit.ly/amwritingworkshop
Mac & Cheese:
For today’s mac and cheese, Thea and I are talking all about friendship and motherhood as Black women. This episode offers you a portrait of friendship that isn’t perfect. Instead, we offer a peek into what friendship really looks like from jealousy to toxic relationships, and friends who aren’t afraid to put you in your place. This episode left both Thea and I immensely grateful for one another, NeKisha, and all the women we’re so lucky to call friends.
7:00 When I look at the common thread throughout my life, through all my changes, the common thread for me is friendship. – Thea
11:00 When I explained bullying and harassment from specifically black women, I was torn apart. – Crystal
19:00 How do people deal with jealousy and friendships? – Thea
23:00 I love to bring my different groups together. I feel like they contribute to each other. – Thea
27:00 You have to have friends who believe in abundance, not lack. – Thea
32:00 I think it’s a little bit harder to work with friends. – Crystal
42:00 I knew this person will call me on my shit. And that is why she is my friend, because she will not pull punches.. – Crystal
46:00 That is why we’re friends, because I feel like you need friends who balance you out. – Crystal
49:00 If you feel like the relationship is toxic, like, do you still leave the door open? – Crystal
51:00 As you get older, you get a lot more decisive about where your energy goes because you ain’t got as much. – Thea
53:00 I’ve learned so much from you, I’ve learned so much from the NeKisha. I’ve been so inspired by you and NeKisha. And so to have those types of friends, and then to have ones that you feel like are just a total pull on your being, you can feel it, you can literally feel the life force leaving you. – Crystal
Invest in us!
Invest in a platform curated by 3 Black women actively cultivating spaces rooted in healing, creativity, and liberation for Black mamas. Help us continue to be #BlackMamaBuilt.
- Don’t just listen, subscribe
- Share with at least one person
- Follow us on any social media platform @demblackmamaspodcast
- Engage through social media comments, DM us or email with questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our email list
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/demblackmamas
- Merch: https://teespring.com/stores/demblackmamaspodcast
- One Time Donation: https://www.paypal.me/demblackmamas
- Our first Mother’s Day Episode:
- DBM Ep 6: I Get It From My Mama – Annette, Etta Mae & Monica: https://demblackmamas.com/igetitfrommymama/Episode mentioned in this episode
- We mention our Black Mama Creative Episode:
- DBM Ep 15: Black Mama Creative: https://demblackmamas.com/dbmepisode15blackmamacreative/