#Dearmama it’s time to tune in to your creativity with intention. It’s time to liberate yourself from the false and often unattainable ideas of how your creativity is SUPPOSED to look. It’s time for you to #decolonize by divesting from #grindculture, ableist productivity ideology, formulas, and comparison. It’s time for you to rediscover the joy in your art.
It’s time for #blackmamacreativeweek and a #newepisode of Dem Black Mamas!
We are excited to take this deep dive with the amazing Akilah S. Richards (@fareofthefreechild) & discuss unlocking creativity through ritual.
Akilah S. Richards is an absolute force of nature. She is the host of Fare of the Free Child, a lifestyle and parenting podcast about the connection between liberation, learning, and parenting, particularly among BIPOC communities. The voice and work of this Jamaican-born, digital nomad, have been featured on NPR, NBC TV, Good Morning America’s blog, and in several literary and in-person spaces throughout the U.S., Jamaica, and South Africa. She is a TEDx Speaker, an accomplished digital content writer, and sought-after facilitator whose highly-anticipated book, Raising Free People: Unschooling as Liberation and Healing Work (PM Press), will be released in the Fall of 2020.
We are made more whole by her wisdom and honored to have her as a special guest during Black Mama Creative Week.
INVEST IN US!
When you invest in us, you invest in a platform curated by three Black women actively cultivating spaces rooted in healing, creativity, and liberation for Black mamas. There are multiple ways to help us continue to be #BlackMamaBuilt
- Don’t just listen, subscribe
- Share with at least one person
- Engage with us on social media: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Email us with questions, comments, and/or show topic suggestions: email@example.com
- Join our email list through our website.
- One Time Donation
SHOW LINE UP
Church Announcements/Prayer Requests:
- To the families who have lost people through state sanctioned violence and white supremacy rage.
- People giving birth during COVID-19, Birth workers, & everyone who has is suffering from, caring for someone, and/or lost someone from COVID-19
- It’s #BlackMamaCreativeWeek! Check out our Facebook Page & IG for Lives.
- Guests for the week:
- Tune into Shaping the Shift w/ Thea Monyee a podcast about embracing the shifts of creative life.
Mac & Cheese:
Healing, Creativity & Ritual w/ Akilah S. Richards
Black Mama Say:
Trust & Believe
SUPPORT OUR SISTER PODS:
INFORMATION & INSPIRATION
Looking for some Black Mama Love, support and connection? Join the Facebook group Black Moms Connection
Are you a Women of Color interested in starting a podcast? For information and inspiration join the Women of Color Podcasters Facebook Group