#DearMama, though you may often feel out of place know that you are exactly where you belong. No matter what borders you cross or which ones crossed you. Whether the moves you made were by choice, under duress, or by force. You may look for a place outside of yourself to call home but home is within you. You have a right to be here. The land beneath you and the sky above you is yours to claim.
Fresh out of Black Mama Creative Week, we’ve got a wonderful #newepisode for you.
Tune in for a rich discussion with Haitian American Mama featuring our special guest co-host Stepha Lafond of Mama Slay Life! We cover Stepha’s birth story, her journey from Haiti to America, motherhood and the diverse views of Black diaspora’s relationship to Africa.
Stepha is a motherhood transition coach who is dedicated to helping moms navigate the delicate space between who they were and who they are still becoming. Her services and programs infuse personal development and spirituality and are designed to help moms reclaim their personal power so they can do life and motherhood on their own terms.
INVEST IN US!⠀
Invest in a platform curated by 3 Black women actively cultivating spaces rooted in healing, creativity, and liberation for Black mamas. Help us continue to be #BlackMamaBuilt⠀
- Don’t just listen, subscribe
- Share with at least one person
- Follow us on any social media platform @demblackmamaspodcast
- Engage through social media comments, DM us or email with questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our email list
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/demblackmamas
- Merch: https://teespring.com/stores/demblackmamaspodcast
- One Time Donation: https://www.paypal.me/demblackmamas
Church Announcements/Prayer Requests:
- Check out our Facebook Page & IGTV for lives from #BlackMamaCreative.
- Guests for the week:
- Monday IG Live Revolution, Ritual & Creativity w/ Staci Mitchell (yogi/professor/actress/writer/director)
- Tuesday FB Live Birth, Ritual & Creativity w/ Sistah Midwife Nicole Deggins
- Thursday IG Live “And How Are the Children” w/ Dr. CC Weaver, DO (author of the children’s book Nia’a Puzzle)
- Sunday FB Live Creativity, Imagination & Showing Up For Yourself w/ Dem Black Mamas
- Guests for the week:
Mac & Cheese:
Stepha LaFond talks birth, her journey from Haiti to America, motherhood and the diverse views of Black diaspora’s relationship to Africa. In this episode we refer to this series, which was a discussion about the relationship between Africans, Black Americans, and Caribbean Black folks: The Grapevine: The African American Perspective
Black Mama Say:
“What We Not Gon Do”
SUPPORT OUR SISTER PODS:
INFORMATION & INSPIRATION
Looking for some Black Mama Love, support and connection? Join the Facebook group Black Moms Connection
Are you a Women of Color interested in starting a podcast? For information and inspiration join the Women of Color Podcasters Facebook Group