What do we lose when we don’t mother in community? What challenges could we overcome if we transformed birth and breastfeeding into a communal experience? This is the question Rita Little’s story brings to the forefront. Rita journey is about more than breastfeeding. It’s about mutual aide, systemic barriers that prevent us from mothering in the way we desire, and the unyielding commitment of Black mothers to our children.
- Responsive Reading Black Mama Magic Card 33: I Trust All Of Me
- Dem Black Mamas
- The intention of this box is for Black Mamas to honor the light within themselves. The items inside the Magic Evermore box will prepare Black mamas to soak up all the energy of the sun all summer and remind them of the importance of documenting themselves, the power to manifest the life you want, and to soften and pour into yourself when your mothership hits rough waters.
- Items inside:
- ☀️Full Black Mama Magic Card Deck
- ☀️Incense from Smell Good Spa
- ☀️Mama Magic: Evermore Picture Frame
- ☀️Gratitude Jar
- ☀️Herbs: Jasmine, Eucalyptus, & Lavender
- ☀️An investment in yourself and in Dem Black Mamas Podcast. When you invest in us, you are investing in a platform curated by three women actively creating spaces of healing, creativity & liberation.
- Order by the 25th of each month to receive the following month.
- Theme: Building for Liberation: Centering Black Mamas, Black Families and Black Systems of Care
- Virtual Tickets are still available. Link to register: https://blackmamasmatter.org/bmhc22/
- REGISTER NOW!, Writing Workshop: I AM: Writing an Artist/Personal Statement & Cover Letter, Sunday, November 13th, 6pmET
- Magic Evermore Box
- Crystal & NeKisha are presenting at the 2022 Black Maternal Health Conference & Training Institute, September 17-18
- Magic Makers Workshops
- Producing 2022 Birth & Breastfeeding Conference Presented by Black Mothers Breastfeeding Association, Monday, October 3rd – Wednesday, October 5th
- Created by our very own NeKisha Killings, the Melanated Mammary Atlas® is your portal to a world of images displaying mammary related conditions on Asian, Indigenous, Black and Brown folks. We feature the first and only cache of images of this type available for viewing and constantly updated by health professionals and the public.
- 1st Monday 8amET-11amET Link To Join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87843521969
- 3rd Monday 8pmPT-11pmPT Link To Join:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82512076376
- Melanated Mammary Atlas Celebrates ONE YEAR!!
- United States Lactation Consultant Association Conference, September 22nd-24th
- Say Less: A virtual BIPOC silent co-working space
- The Grateful Body: Expansion Retreat, November 3rd – November 6th
- New Episodes of Shaping the Shift, The Love Series OUT NOW!
Mac & Cheese
Rita Little is a mom trying to leave the world a little better than she found it. She resides with pride in the City of Detroit. She has been gifted with raising the most amazing four year old full of Black boy joy. Professionally, she works full time as a Community Health Program Manager for a local health system. She also works part time helping to inspire the minds of our future public health professionals, as a professor at two universities. She also remain diligent and dedicated to advocacy and education about breastfeeding with an emphasis on Black families.
Invest in us!
Invest in a platform curated by 3 Black women actively cultivating spaces rooted in healing, creativity, and liberation for Black mamas. Help us continue to be #BlackMamaBuilt.
- Don’t just listen, subscribe
- Share with at least one person
- Follow us on any social media platform @demblackmamaspodcast
- Engage through social media comments, DM us or email with questions [email protected]
- Join our email list
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/demblackmamas
- Merch: https://teespring.com/stores/demblackmamaspodcast
- One Time Donation: https://www.paypal.me/demblackmamas