#DearMama, WE BACK! We all deserve the grace and permission to explore our shadows and cradle ourselves in radical honesty. After losing the desire to continue producing our podcast, I went on an unexpected hiatus where I found the answers I was looking for. Today, Thea and Nekisha are riding shotgun with me as we all share our journey looking back at what 2021 taught us and where we’re headed in 2022.
- New Website: theamonyee.com
- Join Thea for Sacred Sundays by texting SACRED to 213 & Choose your own adventure
- Turning 7-year program Writers Well Youth Fellowship into a non-profit Writers Well is a program for Black girls/femmes 14-19 living in South Carolina interested in writing and/or performance. It’s a brave space for Black girls to nurture their imagination.
- Writing Workshop: I AM: Writing an Artist/Personal Statement & Cover Letter
- Sunday, April 3rd, 6 pm, Zoom Link To Register: https://bit.ly/amwritingworkshop
Mac & Cheese:
The topic for today’s mac and cheese is what are you mothering? This topic came up when I was reflecting on why I hit a wall when it came to Dem Black Mamas. I was feeling uninspired and couldn’t think of show topics that were going to work for the podcast. So I decided to choose myself over the fear of losing my podcast platform and mothered myself – giving myself the space to cradle, nourish, cherish, cultivate, generate, increase, create and feed. So in today’s episode, I’m sharing my journey with you and the birthing that came out of this decision. Thea and Nekisha join me for this conversation all about exploring our shadows, facing your full power, and what we’re continuing to mother in this year ahead.
26:00 Reflecting back, what I realized is what I did in that moment was I mothered myself. -Crystal
33:24 I’ve found the softest version of myself and the raw best, most primal version of myself -Thea
36:00 the fact that I felt I had to choose between being black and wild and being black and love was a problem. And I am currently the experiment for myself on how to challenge that -Thea
42:20 The good and the righteousness that you carry -and I’m nurturing that right now asa daughter and as a mother -Thea
48:52 when the masculine offers me something, it brings up distrust. -Thea
[00:48:52]Instead of hardening around that distrust, I’m learning to soften into it and allow or ask for what I really need -Thea
Invest in us!
Invest in a platform curated by 3 Black women actively cultivating spaces rooted in healing, creativity, and liberation for Black mamas. Help us continue to be #BlackMamaBuilt.
- SUPPORT OUR SISTER POD:
- INFORMATION & INSPIRATION
- Looking for some Black Mama Love, support, and connection?
- Are you a Woman of Color or a Black person interested in starting a podcast? For information and inspiration follow Women of Color Podcasters and/or Blk Pod Collective on IG.
- We need more of us feeding us! If you’re a Black woman interested in becoming a lactation consultant check out Nikki & Nikki Lactation Career Consultants
- Join us and the Blk Pod Collective community at Blk Pod Festival taking place in Atlanta, Ga May 28 – May 29, 2022. This two-day podcast conference is sure to educate and entertain you.